Harmonix, the developer of the Rock Band games, has just announced that there will be a Rock Band 4, and it will come to Xbox One and PS4. And to make the news even more exciting, it’ll be available sometime in 2015. Along with this announcement there are some details that you should check out below.
- All of your DLC songs that you have bought in previous Rock Band games will be transferred to this installation in the series.
- Along with that, your old instruments will (hopefully) work with the new game. There is currently work being done with Sony and Microsoft to try and make that possible.
- However, for people that are new to the series or have gotten rid of their old instruments, Mad Catz will be making new, wireless, controllers.
- If you want to buy the instruments in a bundle, there will be a “band in a box” edition, which includes a Wireless Fender Stratocaster Guitar Controller, a Wireless Drum Kit, and a Microphone. If you don’t want all of that, there will be a bundle that only includes a Wireless Fender Stratocaster Guitar Controller.
- It will be running on a new engine.
- The game will focus more on your score and working as a team, as well as give more freedom.
That is about all we know about Rock Band 4 so far, but keep checking back for more info soon. You can watch this behind the scenes video while you wait.